I’m Amy, a Registered Nurse with a passion for leadership, nursing, women’s rights and helping women find their voice.
I believe that we need more nurses to step up, use their voice and claim their spot at the proverbial “table”. The International Network of Nurse Leaders (INNL) was created to be that platform for nurses. A place to come together in a unified purpose of creating positive, healthy change. You can learn more about the INNL here.
As a Nurse Leadership Strategist, I work with nurses who are ready to make a move into formal or informal leadership positions. Through our work together, they are able to develop a more effective leadership style, improve their communication and persuasion skills and strengthen their self-confidence, assertiveness and well-being.
On the more personal side of things …
1) I’m one of those weird people that knew what I wanted to be when I “grew up”. I was about 4 when I used to “deliver” my sister’s baby through her belly button (that’s where babies come from when you’re 4 after all). We played labour and deliver nurses for hours and hours. In a full-circle moment, this past summer, I actually helped deliver my niece!
2) I am world’s worst farm girl. In fact, I was banned from driving, touching or being within 100ft of any large equipment (it has something to do with sinking the tractor on the top of the silage pit, over top of its wheels – talent, I know.)
3.) I am a die hard Oilers fan. Blame my dad and the fact I was born during the glory years. (Rumor has it, if I had been a boy, I would have been named Jari. As in Kuri. Yup.)
4) I am a country music junkie. Or freak. Whichever you prefer. I used to be super embarrassed because it “wasn’t cool” to like country. Now I own it. Seriously, if you don’t love Kip Moore we probably can’t be friends.
5) My 30th birthday in Nashville was epic. I am so grateful for the amazing friends and family in my life.
6) I love high heels and will wear them every chance I get…even though they turn me into a giant!
7) My Grandma is my hero. From her I get my love of shoes, my wit and passion for nursing.
8) I love to read. However, I rarely read fiction books because when I do, I plow through them in one sitting. Even if it takes till 4 am. And I have to be up for work at 6am. Ugh.
9) Tequila, tacos and two-stepping are the way to my heart. Seriously.
10) Nothing brings me more joy than being an aunty to my 2 little nieces – they are the best thing!